Temperature: 4.0 °C at Ocean Trails Resort Temperature: 3.7 °C at Qualicum Beach Elementary School Temperature: 2.6 °C at Palsson Elementary School Temperature: 4.2 °C at Randerson Ridge Elementary School Temperature: 4.2 °C at Springwood Elementary School Temperature: 4.2 °C at Bowser Elementary School Temperature: 4.1 °C at Alberni Weather Temperature: 4.8 °C at Parksville Elementary School Temperature: 3.9 °C at Seaview Elementary School Temperature: 3.7 °C at G.R. Paine Horticultural Training Centre Temperature: 2.8 °C at Pleasant Valley Elementary School Temperature: 5.3 °C at McGirr Elementary School Temperature: 4.5 °C at Bayview Elementary School Temperature: 5.4 °C at L'Ecole Hammond Bay Elementary Temperature: 4.2 °C at Uplands Park Elementary Temperature: 3.9 °C at Alberni Elementary School Temperature: 4.8 °C at Ladysmith Secondary School Temperature: 5.3 °C at Pacific Biological Station, DFO-MPO Temperature: 4.2 °C at Denman Island Community School Temperature: 5.3 °C at guderyan.com

School-Based Weather Station Network

East Vancouver Island

Current temperatures on mid Vancouver Island.
Temperature at our weather stations (139/155). Place your mouse over a station (diamond) to see the current temperature at that location. Other variables can be found on our two-dimensional plot page. See also: Victoriaweather.ca, IslandWeather.ca.

New: An Android app is now available to access data from this network. It's in beta, give it a try.

Our iPad and iPhone app is now available from the App Store.

Twitter: @vanisleweather.

East Vancouver Island Forecast

FPCN11 CWVR 210619 AAA Updated forecasts for the south coast of British Columbia issued by Environment Canada at 10.19 pm pst Friday 20 January 2017 for tonight Saturday and Saturday night. The next scheduled forecast will be issued at 5.00 am Saturday.

FPCN11 CWVR 210000 Forecasts for the south coast of British Columbia issued by Environment Canada at 4.00 pm pst Friday 20 January 2017 for tonight Saturday and Saturday night. The next scheduled forecast will be issued at 5.00 am Saturday.

East Vancouver Island. Tonight..Cloudy. 60 percent chance of showers late this evening and overnight. 40 percent chance of showers over southern sections early this evening. Low plus 5. Saturday..Cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers in the morning and early in the afternoon. Rain beginning in the afternoon. Windy over exposed coastal sections late in the afternoon. High 7. Saturday night..Showers ending before morning then cloudy. Wind southeast 30 km/h except 50 over exposed coastal sections in the evening and after midnight. Temperature steady near 6.

Stations in the Network

Bowser Elementary School
Date:2017/01/21, 02:35
Temperature: 4.2 °C
L: 3.8 °C, H: 7.5 °C
Humidity: 97 %
Dewpoint: 4 °C
Pressure: 990 hPa barometer trend
Insolation: 0 W/m2
UV Index: 0
Rain: 1.02 mm
Wind Speed: 0 km/hr NNW

1923: New Brunswick experienced six successive heavy winter storms in January. A record total of 94&nbps;cm of snow fell in Saint John, NB.

Select a different location.

All Stations, One Variable

See plots for a single variable at all of the stations in the network.

Summary of Recent Observations

See a graphical summary of the latest observations across the entire network.

Now storing at least 7 773 850 300 observations.

Contact information

For further information or data inquiries please contact us at weather@uvic.ca. If you find a problem or have a question about the site please be sure to send the relevant site and page address (the URL from your browser's address bar). Also include a screen capture image if you can so that we can see what you are seeing.

Site Map

This page took 73.4 ms to generate.


Data from the School-Based Weather Station Network in Victoria, BC, Canada, are made freely available as is to the public with no guarantee of accuracy or availability. Commercial use requires a license. Please contact weather at uvic.ca for more information. This work (this site and all contents not otherwise attributed) by School-Based Weather Station Network is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Creative Commons License

Valid HTML 5
Powered By IDL
Last Modified: June 18 2015 15:09:09.